Thursday, January 31, 2013

Confessions

Some people make resolutions in January.  But this year, I expect to gain weight, sleep less, eat lots of leftovers, likely spend more on the food budget than I ever have, add more stuff to our clutter, and in general be hormonal and cranky quite often.  So instead of resolving anything drastic, I'll just admit a bunch of my quirks.

- I've never played Angry Birds.

- I fall asleep praying.  Often.

- I usually forget to check pockets before loading the washing machine.

- I will not promise to pray for someone unless I truly plan time to do it.

- I'm a firm believer in the healthy benefits of fresh butter, sea salt and good red meat.

- I try not to buy or own children's toys without volume control.

- I'm the only one in my house who replaces empty toilet paper rolls.

- I'm not scared of the dark.  I am scared of the potential bad guys, spiders, and/or tiny mammals that could reside in the dark.

- I haven't vacuumed the van or scrubbed out the fridge in months.

- I can't flip omelets.

- I don't like the smell of vanilla candles.  Whatever chemical they use to make that smell gives me a headache.  (Real vanilla is fine and dandy.)

- I can't watch a movie and go right to sleep afterwards.  Not for hours.  Quite annoying.

- I still haven't officially finished my first child's baby book.

- I dislike children's books on ABCs.  Waay over done.

- I turn into a pumpkin by 11 o'clock at night.  If I'm not in bed, I can only shuffle around mumbling afterwards.

- I never say or write "LOL".

- I'm quite happy and content not to live in Hollywood - or even generally know who does.

- I procrastinate (notice when I finally posted this "January-specific" blog..)

- I should not be allowed to order and eat thick sandwiches or burgers in public. (When my boys are just a bit older, I'm sure they will specify this before being seen with me outside the house.)

- I've never had a cavity.

- I'm ok with my boys playing dress up.  Fairy wings on a cap-gun-toting three year old with a mohawk really don't seem to detract from his manliness.  In my opinion.

- I haven't worn a belt yet this year.  (Well, seat belts, yes.  But the kind that goes in belt loops, no.)

- I am aware of some chocolate milk spots on a baseboard that I haven't scrubbed off yet.  They've been there for a couple months.

- Canned soup smells like cat food to me (especially when I'm pregnant.)

- Decorating is really, really not my strong suite.

- I love biographies.

- I'm fairly awkward in public.  But I really do like people.  Really.

- I don't like the color teal.

- I only buy name brand tissues.

- I don't have any pets - unless you count a few types of food cultures I feed daily.



There.  Now you know me :)


My tinker bell, uh, guy.  With a gun.


1 comment: